DirtTricks Rear Sprocket
The Dirt Tricks KTM Rear Sprocket was designed and patented by Dirt Tricks president and engineer Greg Burns in 2002, using his knowledge of aerospace steels, heat treatments, as well as FEA stress analysis. Being an expert desert racer, Greg became tired of changing aluminum sprockets every two months. His goal was to create a sprocket that would last an entire season of hard riding, yet be comparable in weight to aluminum. Thus, the Dirt Tricks sprocket was born. It required two years of development and testing, but the end result has proven to be the toughest, most durable off-road sprocket available.
The 48 tooth rear is my preferred sprocket for the 701. Gears the bike down enough for semi-technical offroad but still leaves the bike enough room at the top to clip along at Highway speeds. Unfortunately the stock chain is not long enough to accommodate a 48 tooth sprocket so you will require a new chain. The 120 link Regina chain will suit your needs.
- One year wear guarantee:
- if you wear it out, we will replace it!
- Chromoly steel is 2.5 times stronger than stainless steel
- Machined to the tightest industry standards and tolerance
- Heat treated, nickel/chrome plated, and laser etched
- Unique “minimalist” design and appearance
- A 48 tooth sprocket only weighs 18oz
KTM Standard Rear Sprocket Fitment:
- KTM: ’91-Current All 2-stroke models 125cc and up
- ’99-Current All 4-stroke models 250cc to 690cc
- Husaberg: ’00-’14 All models
- Husqvarna: ’14-Current All KTM based models
Zirconium: Our new Dirt Tricks Special Edition Zirconium sprockets are 2oz lighter than our chrome plated design, and are comparable to most of the performance aluminum sprockets and lighter than the twin metal designs available. The new coating on these sprockets reduces friction up to 50%, increases durability, and looks sharp! Our Special Edition sprockets will outlast any sprocket on the market, and we back that up with our 2 year guarantee. Proudly made in the USA.